Friday, December 12, 2008

glowing

We got Max a tree. Well, the household now has a Christmas tree but really, who could resist bring such joy to a little orange cat. He is currently lolling under the tree, gently lit by the lights and alternately gazing up into the branches and napping.

This afternoon he came downstairs and hung out with me while I worked. He circled the tree, looking and patting at the branches, all the while giving me the narration. Oh, the chirping. When I went and turned on the lights for him this was another whole dimension to the greatness of the tree. If last year is anything to go by we are in for many an ornament to be found on the floor.

And I only had to yell at him twice today as the tree started to sway and there was a glint of orange higher up in the tree that I was frankly comfortable with. The Max - he is a sweetpea - just an evil sweetpea.

No comments: