Monday, January 5, 2009

tidings

Right now, Max is sitting in the window of my bedroom watching the squirrels. They like to sit directly in front of him - nose pressed to the glass - and look out over the world. Max would like to make their acquaintance but thankfully that is not to be. Wildlife and Max are not really a stellar combination.

I have been slow these last few weeks - the last year of crazy-work caught up with me and I was felled by a terrible cold. It has been... interesting in that I've been slightly trapped in my head and am starting to get a bit stir crazy. There are all sorts of things I need to sort out and talk to people about that I am just not feeling like dealing with. Instead, I draft long letters in my head and then get irritated that I don't have all the answers. It is super fun.

I could do without the semi-fever dreams as well. I have had more than one moment in the last little while of lying in bed, half-asleep and sick, watching Max rocketing around the room and thinking that I wonder what Bird will think of all this when he comes back. Yeah. It is an okay thought until I realize that there is no coming back for Bird. It is startling each and every time it happens.

And I mean, I tell you this not to elicit sympathy. Seriously. It's more that I'm puzzled by how long it takes for something you know in your very logical head to percolate through the rest of your brain. It would be interesting if I didn't keep hurting myself with it.

However. Enough. I must be off - out into the world for once to run errands and visit the doctor. I have a list - to ensure I remember everything I want to talk to her about - and will remember to stop and get a latte before I go into the waiting room so that I will have something to keep me occupied during the, inevitable, waiting.

But enjoy the new year. The max-bunny wishes you a happy holidays - he certainly had one.

No comments: