Tuesday, January 6, 2009

abruptly

So. In general, there are very few people in my life I let boss me around. My doctor is one of them. And man, does she ever. I was given strict instructions with this last visit - a referral I was to call today and ensure I got an appointment -this- week before I head back to work, a requisition for blood work to be done this week and strict instructions that I see her again in Feb, no excuses. So there you go. It's kind of alarming except for that fact that she always does this to me. Her conclusion is that all of the various things I've been dealing with lately - tiredness, nausea, this terrible cold - are reactions to stress. That I'm doing this all to myself. And until we fix the underlying cause of the stress it's not going to get better and at this point she's fed up with me trying to treat symptoms instead of treating the actual issue.

dr max, his office is always open

So there you go. Stupid uncomfortable realizations.

No comments: